Thursday, September 5, 2013

#1003 Tuesday was all good

Well, I haven't downloaded the pics from my phone, and I don't really understand the whole "cloud" concept thing, so this will be a story without pictures.

Tuesday was pretty much a perfect day. Everything we did was awesome; we did exactly what we wanted to do and the timing worked out wonderfully and it was just all good. Here's a breakdown.

I slept in. Well, technically, I woke up early, but I laid in bed and read and then went back to sleep. It felt great!

Lizzie picked me up and took me to her house where I met her friend Tim. Tim works for the San Francisco Giants and is a musician. He was over at Lizzie and Jeff's to work on his new record. Meeting Tim gives me just one degree of separation from the President. Tim met the President earlier this year when the entire Giants team went to the White House, as all World Champions get to do.

We went to lunch at a great little restaurant called Las Olas. We got a great table by the window on the patio, so there was a wonderful breeze coming in off the ocean. We decided margaritas were a good choice and it was. They were so delicious! The whole meal was fantastic. We started with calamari. The batter was crunchy and the squid was tender and fresh. Lizzie had chicken enchiladas; I had a combo plate with a shredded beef taco, chicken taquitos and a chili verde enchilada (filled with pork). Oh man! My mouth is watering just remembering the deliciousness!

After lunch we walked across the road to the beach and down to the water. We put our toes in the water, but not our ass in the sand. (Zac Brown Band reference!) At first the water felt so cold that I didn't want to stay, but I did and it felt warmer after awhile. We just stood on the beach, enjoying the day and chatting about whatever came to mind. Being near the ocean, feeling the sand between my toes, getting a chill from the water rushing over my feet - it rejuvenated me. I have missed being near the sea this year.

We had movie tickets, so we left the ocean behind and went to Cineopolis in Del Mar. Cineopolis is not your every-day type of movie-going experience. It's luxurious. Each seat is an individual leather recliner. So comfy. Apparently you can have cafe-type food in there, too, but since we were full of Mexican food, there was no need for that. We saw the movie Blue Jasmine. Watch for Cate Blanchett to get some nominations come movie award time. She was phenomenal.

There was a cute little restaurant/pastry shop around the corner from Cineopolis, Champagne Bakery. We went there after the movie to have a little afternoon snack. Yum. I had an eclair. The chocolate was so milky and rich and the vanilla custard filling was delectable. What a nice treat.

We headed back to Lizzie's house after that. We sat in her backyard, watched the hummingbirds, looked out at the canyon and drank a beer. It was so peaceful. The temperature was just right. I talked to MT and T for a few minutes and made sure that all was well with the world. It was.

You would think that the Day o'Fun was over with that twilight cerveza, but you would be wrong! Now it was time for baseball! We headed downtown to Petco Park to watch the Padres play the Giants. Lizzie had a parking pass, which just added to the overall goodness. Our seats were amazing - right on the third base line, about 14 rows from the field. Ahhh. It was pefection! Everything was perfect to me.

Then, in the seventh inning after we sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" (one of my favorite traditions!), the camera guy came over by us and filmed us as we danced to "Twist and Shout". We were on the jumbo-tron! So freakin' cool! If you could have seen us, you would have seen us with the biggest, goofiest smiles on our faces! After the game (Padres win!) when we were walking out of the ballpark and a couple of random people said, "We saw you dancing on the big screen!" How fun is that?!

Of course, all good things must end, so after all that, it was time to part ways. Lizzie took me to the hotel and I tried to settle down to get some sleep. It was tough, but I finally managed it.

Can you believe how much fun we packed into one day? It was awesome. I was so glad I got to hang out with my sister all day. It was just wonderful. I can't wait to do it again :)




2 comments:

Kteach said...

lOVE THAT YOU TWO GET ALONG SO WELL AND HAVE FUN TOGETHER :)
iT SEEMS LIKE IT WAS A GREAT DAY!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention what happened after the game! You met Coach John Kentera and Cy Young award winning pitcher, Randy Jones!

It truly was a perfect day, and I couldn't think of a better person to spend it with. <3